I have 25 price charts always open on my MT4 platform. I check the daily charts once every day. Sometimes when there is a trade setup on a currency pair daily chart, I also check the longer timeframes, weekly and monthly, to see whether they agree with the daily chart or not. I also check the weekly charts on weekends when markets are closed, to locate the trade setups and get ready to take positions at the market open on Sunday afternoon. I also check the monthly timeframe of all 25 currency pairs regularly when the new monthly candlestick is opened.
Sometimes I have to change all the prices charts timeframes all together, specially when I am checking the charts to locate the forming/formed trade setups to report them on LuckScout. It is hard to change 25 charts timeframes one by one by clicking on the price chart and then on the desired timeframe icon on the periodicity toolbar at the top, or by right clicking on the price chart, hovering the mouse pointer on Periodicity and clicking on the timeframe.
There is a much easier way to change price charts timeframes all together and in one go, no matter how many charts are open on your platform. You can use the Change_TF_All script. It is not an indicator or Expert Advisor (EA). It is a script. It has to be installed on your MT4 platform.
How to Install the Script:
1. Click Here to download the script file.
2. Run your MT4 platform.
3. Click on “File” menu at the top left of your MT4 platform.
4. Click on “Open Data Folder”.
5. Open the “MQL4” folder.
6. Open the “Scripts” folder.
7. Copy and paste the Change_TF_All.ex4 file you just downloaded to the “Scripts” folder.
8. Restart the MT4 platform.
9. Press Ctrl+N to open the navigator. Open the “Scripts” dropdown.
10. Double click on Change_TF_All:
11. Choose the “Common” tab and check the “Allow live trading” and “Allow DLL imports” on the opened dialogue box:
12. Choose the Inputs tab and double click on the number below the Value column. The number is 1440 by default which is for the daily timeframe, because one day it 1440 minutes (24×60). If you click on the OK button when the value is set to 1440, all charts timeframes will be changed to the daily timeframe:
13. If you want to change the charts timeframes again, you have to repeat the above process and then change the value to the desired number. For example, if you like to switch to the weekly timeframe, you have to enter 10080 which is the number of minutes for one week (60x24x7). Then you have to click on the OK button. To change the value, you have to double click on it and then enter the number:
14. To switch all charts to monthly timeframe, you have to enter 43200 which is the number of minutes for 30 days (60x24x30).
|Period / TimeFrame||Minutes|
|One Minute (M1)||1|
|5 Minute (M5)||5|
|15 Minute (M15)||15|
|30 Minute (M30)||30|
|One Hour (H1)||60|
|4 Hour (H4)||240|
Good luck 🙂